GATEWAY – The Free Tabletop Roleplaying Game
My own personalized Roleplaying Game system that can used for any setting whether it be High Fantasy, Cyberpunk, Space Opera, etc. Very simple rules based from D&D5e, and it can be used as an intro for new players who may have never played a Tabletop Roleplaying game in their life. The rules for new players can even be expanded as you go along to bridge into a standard d20 system. It is also great for veteran Game Masters to be able to run really fun One Shots. Its all up to you and of course its FREE!
- Gateway – Download via Drive Thru RPG
- Free App for your Android Phone or Tablet
- Learn more
- Titanfall RPG Supplement- Coming Soon
Risus: The Anything RPG – It is a complete (very compact) pen-and-paper role-playing game! For some, Risus is a handy “emergency” RPG for spur-of-the-moment one-shots and rapid character creation. For others, it’s a reliable campaign system supporting years of play. Either way its free and definitely good at grabbing new players into the world of Table-topping.
- Risus -Download the originals rules (Free PDF)
- Risusverse – Extra additions to the original rules (Free Info)
- G+ Risus Community
- Facebook Risus Group
- Watch Live Plays on YouTube
- Custom Mecha Risus Rules and Mecha Character Sheet (Free)
Dread: The Horror RPG – It is the horror role-playing game that uses Jenga® instead of dice. Pull from the tower and you succeed. Those who play will participate in a mutual telling of an original macabre tale. The goal of Dread is to sustain the delicate atmosphere that invokes the hand quivering emotion that lends its name to the game. The thrill of a Dread game lies within the tension between desire and loss. You will take on the role of someone trapped in a story that is only as compelling as it is hostile—someone who will find themselves making decisions we hope never to face in real life.
- Published by The Impossible Dream
- Buy It here ($12 for PDF and $24 for Paperback)
- G+ Dread Community
- Watch Live Plays on YouTube
- My Custom Dread Character Questionnaire (Free)
UltraModern5 – this is a new ruleset for expanding on the Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition Rules (also available for 4th Edition D&D and Pathfinder) to incorporate Post Modern, Modern, and Futuristic games. You can even combine these rules into two other expansions that the creators of UM5 have come up with to include Super Hero/Heroine (Apex) powers or Cyberpunk adventures (Neurospasta) similar to Shadowrun. I personally own copies of all three of these and have ran a few games. They are pretty solid rules, very fun to run, and best of all UM5 has a Pay What You want option to see for yourself before buying. Really though, they are totally worth the money if you decide to buy the PDF or get it Printed On Demand. You can find my full review on Ultramodern5 HERE and for their Cyperpunk rules HERE.
- UltraModern5 FREE (Pay What You Want) SRD/OGL
- UltraModern5 Full ($12.99 PDF)
- YouTube Overview of the Ultramodern5
- Apex5e- Super Hero Expansion ($4.99 PDF)
- Neurospasta- Cyberpunk Expansion ($12.99 PDF)
- Form Fillable Character Sheet (FREE)
- Easy Character Creation Spreadsheet (FREE made my yours truly)
Machinations of the Space Princess – a Science-Fantasy role-playing game. That means it’s very much about style over substance, mixing science-fiction, magic and psionics in a game world that owes much more to Metal Hurlant and Star Wars than it does to 2001 or Bova’s Grand Tour. This is a game of strangeness and fun, of space pirates and beautiful alien princesses, of living planets and robot hordes, of blasters at noon. A full game combining old and new school thinking, packed with GM and player advice and with simple tools for creating your own monsters, adversaries, weapons, armor, ships and alien races. (Note from Aurican’s Lair- I played this game. It was a little clunky at times but nothing that couldn’t be worked through easily. The character creation in this game is amazing! You can create entire species in no time. Also since there is no set world, this allows for absolute creativity in creating your own story)
- Learn more about it at Postmortem Studios
- Buy it here ($12)
- Connect with the creator on the G+ Group
- My own Character Generation Aid (Free) and form fillable Character Sheet (Free)
More Free Games – If you are looking for the ultimate list of Free RPG’s out there, I suggest going to E. Chris Garrison’s website. This list spans 24 years of games available and is very impressive! Also, if you have a game that you would like to promote to this ever growing list, you can fill out a form on the page and get it added. As you will see GATEWAY RPG is on the list now! Enjoy!